That taking care of your family the right way is the most important thing that you can do. Today, “taking care” is more complex than ever as the challenges to maintaining a family expand. The attorneys at Shoffner & Associates are ready and able to help you through all types of family-related issues and domestic relations that include determining whether a traditional marriage is right for you, the establishment and management of civil unions, and the creation of domestic partnership agreements. We understand and can help you resolve issues that arise during marriage, including legitimacy and adoption. And, we understand that sometimes a domestic relationship simply has to end. We work with our clients through negotiation, litigation, and resolution of:
- Divorce – Contested and Uncontested Divorces, With and Without Children, With and Without Challenging Property Issues
- Custody and Visitation – Contested Actions for Custody, Negotiation of Agreements, Modifications, Visitation Schedules
- Alimony and Child Support – Contested Actions, Negotiation of Agreements For Child Support, Alimony, and College Support, Modifications of Existing Support Orders
- Property Division – Contested Actions, Negotiation of Divorce Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements, Postnuptial Agreements, Financial Analysis and Advice on Tax and Financial Planning Aspects of Property Divisions and Transfers
- Modifications – Contested Actions to Modify Previous Judgments/Orders, Negotiation of Agreements to Modify Previous Orders and Agreements With Respect to Child Support, Alimony, Visitation, College Expenses, Health Insurance, Etc.
- Contempt Actions and Restraining Orders – Representation in Civil and Criminal Proceedings Related to the Issuance of Court Orders for Protection Against Abuse, and for the Enforcement of Existing Family Court Orders
- Guardianships, Paternity, and Visitation – Legal Actions Related to the Rights and Responsibilities of Parents, Guardians, Grandparents and Others Regarding Children
Our attorneys handle the delicate legal and financial issues involved with divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, and contempt of court with sympathy and unsurpassed dedication.